Sunday, February 5, 2012

Versatile Is My Blog's Middle Name


Recently Lynette at Sweet Posy Dreams received the Versatile Blogger Award (yay!) which meant that she in turn was compelled to bestow the award to other bloggers - and lo and behold, she chose my blog as one of the recipients.  I'd seen the "button" on blogs here and there - and now I've got one of my own for Dough, Dirt & Dye!  There's just a few administrative things I need to do:

A) Thank the Bestower:

Thank you, Lynette!  If you haven't found her blog yet, click here and go check it out.  I enjoy chatting with Lynette via our blogs.  I'm always interested to see what she's been up to in the kitchen and reading stories about her "ordinary" life in the Midwest.  And she always has beautiful antique and vintage items to share as well (visit her Etsy shop here). 

and

B)  Share Seven Factoids About Myself:

1)  I can neither sew, knit nor crochet.
2)  My first "real" job during college summer break was in a bookbinding factory; I restored the bindings on antique and rare volumes.
3)  I thought I'd grow up and either be an actress or an archeologist.  I stuck with the "As" and became an artist.
4)  I can't love beets no matter how much I try.
5)  I once had a brindle cat named Squirrel Nutkin, after the Beatrix Potter book/character; and a gray tabby named, Big.  I still miss them both.
6)  Someday I'd love to live in the mountains - and right next to the ocean - with a view of red rock country - in a thick, hardwood forest - on rolling, grass-covered hills that stretch for miles.
7)  I did not inherit my mother's green thumb.

and, finally

C) Pass It On

I am passing the VB luv on to some of my fellow bloggers.  Without further ado, here are the 15 I've chosen - a nice mix (I think) of the personal, the crafty and the foody:

Bacon Is Not An Herb
Cabin + Cub
Good Things*
Handmade In Israel
Hello Beautiful
I Am Nanny Anna
Island Buzzy
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
M*O*R*G*A*N*I*C*
Ms Val's Creations
Our Home to Yours
The Good Luck Duck
So About What I Said...
Sunset Shutterbug
The Inspired Lens

Now, fabulous fifteen, the torch is in your hands.  Go forth and be Versatile!

13 comments:

  1. You are welcome, Annie! I always enjoy your blog. So you were a bookbinder -- that seems like a useful skill. During college for a little while I worked in a wire factory. All I learned was how to transfer wire from a big spool to a small one. I'd rather know about bookbinding as I have some antique books that are losing their leather bindings.

    Now to check out the blogs you recommend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really lucked out - the fact that I was working towards a degree in art got me that spot at the bookbinder's. Otherwise I would've been on the "line" doing very repetitive, boring stuff. It's so interesting/funny to hear about the jobs people had early on!

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. thanks Annie for selecting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Versatile! That's better than volatile, I think, and thanks!

    Sometimes I think of random odd things about myself and determine to remember them the next time protocol demands, but then I forget them. I'll try to adhere to (some of) the rules of this award and to (more or less, lackadaisically) carry out my duties as assigned.

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all one can ask...

      But the Volatile Blogger Award has real potential!

      Delete
  4. Hi there -- thanks so much for the blog love!! Made my day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a boost! Just what a gal needed - thanks so much Annie! I promise to do you proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Annie, thanks SO MUCH for the love! Awww - you made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Annie!!
    Thank you so much for honor and award! I love it! I cannot wait to compile my list and brighten up others' day just as you brightened up mine :)

    On a side note, I began a "currently reading" page this year and of course a link to your blog is on there!

    Truely humbled,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Annie for selecting my blog. I promise I will get on checking it out and passing on the blog love. I was hoping for a couple of snow days to catch up on such things, but no such luck. Take care and Happy Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the blog award!!! What a great list! Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...