Sunday, January 29, 2012

Today's Dough: Peanut Butter and Jam-Filled Tangzhong Bread

My love of peanut butter-and-jelly is well know.  So when I came across this very interestingly-named bread, I decided right then and there what kind of concoction would comprise the filling.

These look like they take a lot of work, but in fact, they are simple to make - though there is a time investment.  Well worth it to have these gorgeous, soft and sweet rolls sitting on a plate next to your cup of coffee at the end of the effort!

To try your hand at Tangzhong bread and to fill them with whatever your taste buds desire (cinnamon-sugar-raisin?  parsley-walnut-garlic-onion?) visit my vegan cooking blog, An Unrefined Vegan for the step-by-step.


5 comments:

  1. Ooh these will be perfect for next weekend when the grandkids come for the weekend! What a fun way to enjoy PB&J!!!

    Thanks for sharing this recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment shows as anonymous...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) - Now I can see who you are! If you make the rolls, let me know how they turn out! I think kids will love them!

      Delete
  3. they look good....but I think I would try to find something cheaper than peanut butter...I paid $6.50 for my last jar of peanut butter....! and I love peanut butter.
    Debbi
    -ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape of the rolls. They remind me of a thumb tucked into the palm with the fingers wrapped around. Somehow, a very comforting shape.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...