Thursday, December 8, 2011

Today's Dough: Rosemary Whole Wheat Rolls


This post is for my friend, Lynn, who made the mistake of mentioning to me that she was contemplating baking bread.  That was all I needed (no pun intended) to hear.  Being a bread junkie and baking enthusiast who wants to convert as many people as possible to the joys of yeast + wheat + water, I fired off a recipe for a no-knead recipe.  But I immediately had regrets...Email in haste, repent at leisure.  I sent Lynn a King Arthur Flour recipe for a no-knead boule calling for all white flour.  Oh, the shame!  I can do better, Lynn! 

This wonderful recipe is just as easy as the one I sent, but it's a compromise between 100% whole wheat and 100% white flour.  The dough can be used to make loaves, baguettes, sandwich- or dinner-sized rolls.  Lynn, if you're reading this, go over to An Unrefined Vegan for the recipe.  Oh, and everyone else is invited to give it a try, too.  It's simple to make and delicious to consume.


4 comments:

  1. That's an interesting variation on my Brown Bread recipe! We've had a surfeit of brown flour recently, so will not be doing it for a while, but it is noted and will be tried - using OUR usual ingredients though!

    Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look good....I love the taste of rosemary. I remember my aunt teaching me how to knead bread a very long time ago, lol. but now I cheat and use a bread machine.
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...