Saturday, December 10, 2011

New Greeting Card: Sprinkles

At Christmastime in our household there were generally two kinds of cookies being baked: buttery, swirled spritz in pale greens, reds and yellow that were made with a copper-colored contraption with a handle and discs that you placed in the end to get various shapes; and flat sugar cookies cut into candy canes, stars and Christmas trees.  These we layered with sugary icing in different colors and topped with either tiny edible gold and silver balls or with sprinkles.  Some sprinkles ended up where they belonged - on the cookie - but a good many of them ended up on the counter, stuck to our fingers and all over the floor.

Though my favorite cookies to consume (and indeed, I could have easily consumed my weight in them) were the spritzs, the decorated sugar cookies were a necessary element of the holiday and were fun to make.

It's hard to believe that Christmas is now a mere 15 days away!  My latest, and last card for the 2011 Holiday Season is my homage to the sugar cookie: Sprinkles.  There's still time to order Christmas cards from Empty on the Inside! Hand-painted cards make for extra special greetings.

5 comments:

  1. I just love, love, love this card!
    Its so sweet, pun intended :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card and love the story behind it. But that whole 15 days til Christmas thing -- what? I'm not even close to ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a really nice one, Annie! Alas, have already bought all mine - must dash to get them signed, sealed and sent off! Christmas is fast catching me out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I love this card, but now I need to bake some cookies myself! (I have one of those cookie spritz machine, but I can never get it to work right, lol)
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is adorable! It is a design that will bring back many cooking baking memories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...