Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Today's Dough: 100% Whole Wheat No-Knead

Before
Another ridiculously easy and healthy bread from the no-knead bread book, Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day, by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. 

I veganized and further "unrefined" this by replacing the vegetable oil with unsweetened applesauce, used soy milk instead of dairy milk and replaced the honey with agave nectar.  It bakes up with a hint of sweetness; moist and tender on the inside with a crunchy, crispy crust.

If you'd like to give this a try, you can find and follow the recipe at my vegan recipe site, An Unrefined Vegan.

After

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I've tried using applesauce as a fat replacement, but haven't been very successful. It's been a while though. I should try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good...I too use applesauce and soy milk. (I can't dring the soy milk straigh. Oreos just don't taste right when dunked in soy milk, hahaha). I have a bread machine which I just love!
    Debbi
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...