Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Early Thanks

Enjoying the scenery - and each others company - post run.
One year ago today, around 8 in the morning, my brother was wheeled into an operating room for brain surgery to remove a large, malignant tumor.  My sister and I watched, filled with fear, apprehension, hope and love, as his team of surgeons pushed the cart, and him, away from us.  The next several hours were spent in the waiting room, eyes wandering to the clock too often, thoughts never straying far from what was happening in the operating room.  There were other families there, other crises, other fears and hopes - but we could've been all alone in the corner of that room.

This month has been full of painful memories, but as Thanksgiving approaches, I can't help but be filled with gratitude that my brother is alive for another year, another holiday.  My heartfelt thanks to the skilled surgeon and his team, as well as the team of doctors and nurses who continue to care for my brother.

3 comments:

  1. I am happy to learn that your brother's operation was successful! I know how it feels when a beloved person's life is at stake!I wish him many happy years and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Every day really is everything, isn't it? Continued good luck to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your family, can't believe it's been a year. So happy at how well your brother is doing! Wishing more and more recovery and health for him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...